Nurturing Skin Health: Acne
ECO EM’S BLOG
NURTURING SKIN HEALTH: ACNE
Every week throughout October I’ll be focusing on a common skin condition. Having visited many a market and met some gorgeous people over the last couple of years, I have begun to understand how our skin is pivotal in how we feel about ourselves.
It’s our biggest organ and one that covers our whole bodies. This is what can you make feel super shy and not at all confident as you battle a myriad of conditions. Some of these can be treated with a change of diet, natural remedies, and sunshine. Others are so severe, that I’ve had customers say they didn’t want to leave the house.
My hope is that with each post I help to uncover some of the common questions, and misconceptions and provide suggestions which may help in some way. If you are suffering at this moment in time, please reach out and I will do my best to see if I can help in any way.
Now onto this week’s post which focuses on Acne…
Acne is the most frequently asked about skin problems, and it affects people of all ages; it can be a huge confidence killer. The good news is that there are excellent natural acne treatments, and I’m here to help you find them.
Types of Acne: Acne comes in various forms, but the most common is acne vulgaris. It’s characterised by:
Acne vulgaris can appear anywhere on your body, including your face, back, chest, and shoulders.
WHAT CAUSES ACNE?
The specific cause of acne is unknown, however, there are several factors to take into consideration. I often talk about acne with customers at markets and craft fairs, and it’s evident that it can be caused by a variety of circumstances, including:
- Hormonal Changes: Fluctuations in hormones, especially during adolescence and menstruation, can trigger acne.
- Diet: While not the sole culprit, certain dietary choices like high-sugar and high-dairy diets can worsen acne for some individuals.
- Stress: Just like eczema, stress can also exacerbate acne, possibly due to hormonal changes.
- Genetics: Family history may increase your susceptibility to acne.
WHAT ARE THE NATURAL REMEDIES FOR ACNE?
While there’s no overnight fix for acne, consistent care can make a significant difference. Here are some natural methods that can provide relief:
- Gentle Cleansing: Use a mild, natural cleanser to keep your skin clean without over-drying it.
- Natural Oils: Consider using non-comedogenic oils like jojoba or tea tree oil, known for their acne-fighting properties.
- Hydration: Just like eczema, keeping your skin well-hydrated is crucial. Natural moisturisers with ingredients like aloe vera can soothe your skin.
- Dietary Changes: Some individuals find relief by cutting down on dairy and sugar in their diets.
- Stress Management: Practice stress-reduction techniques like meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises.
HOW TO GET RID OF ACNE FAST NATURALLY?
While natural solutions take time, the following methods may help to speed up the process:
- Spot Treatment: As a natural spot treatment, apply a dab of tea tree oil or honey directly on the spots. Leaving overnight to absorb into the area.
- Consistent Skincare Routine: Maintain a consistent skincare regime such as the Dragon fruit Body Scrub. The gentle sugar scrub works to exfoliate the skin and the dragon fruit is a natural anti-inflammatory relieving the affected area.
For those looking for quick relief, natural remedies can help, but it’s important to be patient. Some people may find faster results with a combination of natural treatments and over-the-counter products containing ingredients like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
WHAT FOODS NATURALLY GET RID OF ACNE?
While dietary changes won’t provide an instant cure, some foods may promote clearer skin. Consider incorporating these into your diet:
- Fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants.
- Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish like salmon.
- Zinc-rich foods like nuts and whole grains.
I’ve found personally that my skin has been much clearer having stopped wearing make-up daily, washing my skin at night and using a face cream. As well as opting for a plant-based diet and keeping myself hydrated throughout the day.
HOW DO I GET RID OF 100% ACNE?
Achieving 100% acne-free skin may be challenging, as it depends on various factors. However, by following a consistent natural skincare routine, making dietary adjustments, and managing stress, you can significantly reduce the frequency and severity of breakouts.
WHEN TO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP
While natural remedies can be effective, there are instances when it’s essential to consult a dermatologist or doctor:
- Severe acne that doesn’t respond to natural treatments.
- Risk of scarring.
- Emotional distress due to acne.
Medical treatments, including topical and oral medications, can be beneficial in these cases.
Managing acne can be challenging, but with the right approach, you can achieve clearer skin. Understanding the potential causes and incorporating natural solutions into your skincare routine can provide both immediate relief and long-term benefits.
I welcome your questions, feedback, and personal experiences with acne. If you have any questions, concerns or would just like a chat please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Thank you for reading this weeks blog, Nurturing Skin Health: Acne.
Peace and love,
Eco Em xx